Thursday, November 26, 2009

In Iran, can I show my bangs? thanks!?

Hi, I am from Taiwan. I am thinking of going to Iran with a group tour. I know that I should cover my hair with a scarf while I am in Iran. But I have bangs, the questions is, can I show my bangs? Or should I cover them up too? How strict is the dressing code? Any answer will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.



In Iran, can I show my bangs? thanks!?

I had to google up to find out what 'bangs' were LOL



A simple answer.. is YES bangs won't be a problem!! Many Iranian women show their fringe.



For a tourist they are not strict at all. I have seen tourists wear a bandana, I even saw a Japanese girl of about 14 without a head scarf on at all!!! (Though that is not advised!)



As an long as you cover all your body, they don't care how. Jeans are fine, so are open toed sandals. Colours are fine too.



Most women wear a manto which is a mid length jacket. Which you can buy in Iran for about $10.. but you are OK with a long sleeved shirt.



When entering a mosque they might ask you to wear a chador (a type of cloak), don't worry.. they have spare ones to borrow.



In the Terhan, Estafan etc women wear all types of clothes , Mantos and Chadors.. In the countryside they wear mainly chadors (and black) You might wish to wear something a little more modest there...



Here are some pictures of Iranians girls.



http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2005...



These girls are more normally dressed, but they still show their bangs :-)



http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/sfgat...



*****You might hear in the news about the annual summer crack down on 'bad hejab' but I wouldn't worry about that because that doesn't affect tourists*******



Iranians are very friendly. You will have a wonderful time!!!



In Iran, can I show my bangs? thanks!?

No please don't! The Ayatollahs will get a hard-on and think that is too risque



In Iran, can I show my bangs? thanks!?

Hi Im from iran %26amp; Im seventeenth. first Ishould say you Icant speak english very good. Ilive in tabriz city. in iran if you and us want or dontwant you shold cover your hair whith scarf and wear along dress. but iran is good cuntry if you come to here you are enjoy in here. the good citys in iran are tabriz(tabriz peopel are turkish) shiraz,esfahan,tehran%26amp;north places



In Iran, can I show my bangs? thanks!?

"Summer Breeze" is on the right track. Don't worry about your bangs.



Facts in Iran are different with propaganda against Iran.



People are fantastic and you will enjoy your trip. In summer the weather is about 35鎺矯 in Tehran and you will see all the seasons together in Iran.



Iran Tourism and Touring Organization:



http://itto.org



Iran Chamber Society:



http://www.iranchamber.com



Have a good time in Iran :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fish