Thursday, November 26, 2009

My husband wants to be a hair stylist.....?

My husband wants to be a hairstylist. He is 33 years old and works in the computer industry but he really has always wanted to be a stylist. He's just afraid what people will think about him and that people will think he's gay. He doesn't want to be a barber, he wants to be a hair dresser like in a pricey hair salon. He watches hair shows and tv programs about styling hair......I'm encouraging him to do what makes him happy b/c he's wanted to be a stylist forever ---and I think it would be great to have a personal hair dresser to do my hair in the mornings =)



How can he go about becoming a stylist? How long does the schooling take? ...and have you ever met a "straight" male hair stylist? These are his concerns.



Thanks for any advice.



My husband wants to be a hair stylist.....?

Well good for him! I hope that he can pursue this dream!



He can look through the phonebook and find a local beauty school, or try calling the owners of a beauty supply shop or a local community college.



I think it takes about two years, but sometimes it takes longer.



I've never met a straight male hairstylist, but that's because I've gone to the same gay couple my whole life. I don't think there is any way that he is going to escape the stereotype, though... it's so pervasive that even if he has pictures of you and him taped on the mirror some people will still assume he is gay. But he just needs to remember that it is passion that makes you a good stylist, not orientation, and he certainly sounds like he has the passion.



My husband wants to be a hair stylist.....?

Well he needs to find a school around your area for cosmetology. How long? It depends of the hours that you can put in the more hours the better. I have meet many guys straight that are hair stylists and I think they do a better job that girls stylist. The guy that does my hair every 12 weeks his name is Luis his awesome....



My husband wants to be a hair stylist.....?

well, at least you'll be able to get your hair done free if he's any good. they actually make good money. if you have questions about his sexuality have a talk with him. get a blood test just to be safe. peace!



My husband wants to be a hair stylist.....?

hey baserunner: get a test to be safe? how ignorant can you be?



a man can be straight and a hair stylist. tell him to enroll in program, they offer them at pretty much every technical school. is he any good? unlike a lot of jobs, you kinda have to have natural tlaent to really succeed.



good for you for supporitng your hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fish