Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hard Water=Dry Hair! Help!!?

I just moved to Kuwait and my hair is a wreck! The water here is very very hard and my hair is showing it. I have long thick hair and no matter what I do, it always feels hard and sort of brittle. I get hot oil treatments, but that doesn't seem to help. What can I do to bring back the moisture? Remember that I am in Kuwait and my limit to products are low...maybe a home remedy?? Mayo?



Hard Water=Dry Hair! Help!!?

listen, the best product is olive oil. buy a cheap regular bottle of it and while you are in the shower, coat your hair with it and "wash" with hot water. bring your hair up in a bun with a hair tie or sumthin. then, after you step out of the shower, just leave it in for whatever time you have..be it 5 mins or a couple days. your hair will improve! if you can get it, buy a jonathan water purifaction system. you screw it on like a regular showerhead except you put in a filter %26amp; really improves the water. i use it bc the water where i live is horrible. now whenever i use the regular tap, i can literally smell the chlorine and stuff in it. it's gross.



Hard Water=Dry Hair! Help!!?

The only thing I know that could help is rinsing in cider vinegar. It will cut through the hard water stuff left on your hair to leave it really shiny. Shampoo with a claryifying shampoo, condition with a mega rich condtioner and then rinse with the cider vinegar. It should help.



Hard Water=Dry Hair! Help!!?

I know layering your hair with olive oil and vitamin e helps tramendously. The vitamin e will lock in the moisture, I would take it by capsul and I would also squeeze it on to your hair.



Hard Water=Dry Hair! Help!!?

don't shampoo your hair until you have too. there are show head filters you can get over the Internet, so you might want to look into that. also mix baking soda into your shampoo to cut the build up. i would try olive oil, don't put it near your roots because it will weigh down your hair, or smash an avocado and apply it. wrap you hair in plastic wrap and let it sit as long as long as it can, you could even put a ball cap on to hold in the heat. always use a leave in conditioner and if you can find a protein spray, that would help too. if you can order off the Internet go to Grund.com and order the Tiger reconstructer spray, the moister mist, cleanse shampoo and tiger masque.



Hard Water=Dry Hair! Help!!?

try (sun silk)shampoo



Hard Water=Dry Hair! Help!!?

I moved to a diff. state and the water here is waay hard too.. its not good for my hair.. and mine is curly and frizzy.



Well I use a shampoo and conditioner that gives extra moisture, and after you towel-dry the moisture stays in!



If they sell Biolage there (can find at salons or buy online!) Its a 1-3minute leave in conditioner and u rise it out. I love it. I tried it at home where the water is not hard nor soft, its just fine but I dont know how it will work in hard water. Try those shampoos/conditioners that moisturize hair its the best thing and use leave-ins (Aveda, Paul-Mitchell) to replenish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fish