Sunday, June 20, 2010

My hair story?

My hair is naturally dark brown, and I dyed it an amber color about March. I tried to get back dark brown and let it go but the amber color kept showing back thru, I stripped my hair about July, and a beautician told me that I should use a reddish color and a brown color (2 boxes), one with the developing cream and the other without try and put color lost back in my hair.That turned my hair red. I totally regret stripping, and dying my hair, although its still incredibly healthy. (i'm thankful for that). The color I have now is dark brown and its a semi permanent color, I'd like to get my hair back to its medium brown color, making sure the red doesn't show back through. Should I wait and let it grow on out? Should I get a professional to go ahead and put color on it? Right now my roots are showing and my hair is close to the original color minus the little bit of red showing.My hair is also growing really fast, it does naturally and I'm taking prenatal vitamins/hairskinandnails.



My hair story?

I agree. Coloring hair at home is easy and convenient but not always recommended. The reason why hair turns reddish, kinda auburn and even a deep cooper is because all deep reds (well duh) auburns and even **gasp** rich warm browns have a lot of red pigment in color. So once you've had reds (or any of the colors mentioned above) it will be tricky and a process to get completely rid of.



So what you can do, if you want to color your hair at home, is choose a dark brown that says "ash". Ash neutralizes the red or coppers you have left in you hair. But remember, it's a continuing process, the red might not fully go way the 1st time.



So give your hair a rest in between and deep condition it.



Hope this works!



My hair story?

Stop colouring your hair! Just stop doing it! Seriously, it will cause so many problems for your hair and its colour in the future! Let me tell you my hair story...



I dyed my hair red (long time ago), and I loved it, but then I wanted it brown again. I kept trying to dye it brown, over and over again, but the red kept coming back through. Soon, my hair turned a weird orange colour, but then it was dyed auburn, and now I totally regret it.



Right now, my roots are about three inches, plus I have been getting my hair cut a lot.



Here's what you should do, this is what I'm doing and it's working out great:



1.) No more colouring, even though roots look horrible, just suck it up and don't colour it



2.) If you really want your natural hair colour to come back sooner, cut to a medium length (or short if you're brave) and keep getting monthly trims on it, because the more you get your hair cut, the more dyed hair is going away forever.



3.) Keep your hair healthy; again, no more colouring, perming, using heat, etc.



4.) Find a good conditioner (I personally like Dove)!



In the meantime, you are just going to have to stop colouring it, and just live with it for now, because the only way you are going to get your natural hair colour back is by not colouring it....EVER.



Goodluck, I know it's hard, but in the end it's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fish